Sunday 19 December 2010

Christmas

Yesterday was a day of pre-Christmas festive joy with the last under-35 munch of the year during the afternoon and watching It's A Wonderful Life at a friend's house. The munch was lovely, with close friends and new acquaintances filling the bar with laughter and kinky chatter. It got me perfectly in the mood to go and watch a film that I know so many people rave about but I'd never had the chance to watch all the way through.

Christmas is a time of year when you want those that you love close to you and last night was no exception. I watched the film cuddling with S on one side of me and B just behind me on the back of the sofa. The message of the film is clear; no man is a failure who has friends and sitting there, with people who I barely knew just a few months ago, now feeling part of something, I felt really happy to be where I am. I started to tear up when other people were saying how much it means to them and I hope that I can continue to strengthen the friendships I have with these lovely new people.

Although Christmas Day itself will be spent with my parents and brother, I will be ringing in the New Year with S and B and hope that it's the start of a very special year together with them both.

No comments:

Post a Comment